Recipe of the Quarter: Greek Orzo Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz dry orzo
- 5 oz crumbled feta
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 pkg. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1) In a jar mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
2) Cook orzo according to directions listed on package. Drain and let cool, about 5 minutes.
3) Add all of the salad ingredients, including cooked orzo, to a large bowl and toss. Pour dressing over top and toss to evenly coat. Store in refrigerator, serve within a few hours for best results.
*Recipe & photos by Tom Riehl of Riehl Food